I guess I should start by telling you a little about myself. I started working with cameras and filming at a young age and it kind of stuck. I love capturing the moment and presenting it in a way that the people watching will cherish and never forget. I started doing photography in high school, as well as videography when I could because my school did not offer it. I started doing weddings a few years ago and fell in love with doing them. I love being the photographer of a wedding but filming has always been my passion, so recently I have been trying to do more videography than photography.
Some people might think that they don't need a videographer at there wedding because Uncle Jim has a camcorder, but I make your wedding into a personal movie that you will love watching over and over again.
Our highest goal is to create a premium filming experience at a realistic price for young couples.
I will go through how my process works and what I offer.
1. Rehearsal: I usually like to attend the rehearsal if possible. This will give me an idea of where I can stand, film from, and all around not be in the way while still capturing everything. This also gives me a chance to meet all the participants of the wedding, people are usually more open to being filmed once they have met me. If there is not a rehearsal or if it is strictly family, I will visit the wedding location on my own time, while this does not give me as good of an idea of the setup and overall process of that individual wedding, I make the best of it.
2. On the day of the wedding I start working when the bride does. Whenever the bride goes to the location where she is going to get ready I will be there to start filming the day. Everyone getting ready is sometimes stressful but more often than not is a lot of fun and it is nice to capture those moments. If the groom is at the same location getting ready I will bounce between filming the two of them, or if I have an assistant that day, we will split the work.
3. Interviews: I like to get interviews before the wedding with both the bride and groom, this is usually during a period when they are finished getting ready but not walking down the aisle yet and do not take more than 5 minutes. The interviews are just simple questions, i.e "when did you first realize you wanted to spend your life with ______?" They are stress free and when you are watching the film later they are a little surprise to one another.
4. Staging: To ensure that we capture all of the audio during the reception I usually attach a small lapel microphone to the grooms jacket, this is unnoticeable and captures your vows and overall ceremony very well. If there is a microphone being used by the person officiating I will try to plug into that as well.
5. Coverage: We use 3 HD Film Cameras to capture the wedding. These cameras all have professional microphones to pick up the audio with crystal clear sound.
6. Reception: We usually stay for the reception to capture all the special dances and activities. All weddings are different, and receptions are all different too. There is a lot of good material to be captured during receptions. One of my favorite things to do is casual interview some of the guests and get there congratulations on tape. These are fun to watch later, but just like anything else we offer is optional. If the bride or groom do not want us to do a certain thing we will not just as much as we are happy to do new things that they may have in mind.
7. Editing: The day may be over for the bride and groom as they go to relax on a honeymoon, but the work is only a quarter of the way done for us. After we get all the footage uploaded in the computers the magic begins. Usually a wedding DVD will take 3-6 weeks to complete depending on the season. The middle of the year, which is typically wedding season is busy, while late fall and winter is less busy so we can spend more time in the editing room. On weddings we are providing both photography and videography, the wait times may exceed the above time frame.
Higgins Media LTD is Photography and Videography business owner and operated by Cameron Higgins. We do everything from senior photos to weddings.